[Xcb] [RFC] Add majorCode, minorCode and resourceID to X generic error

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Tue Jul 7 11:15:40 PDT 2009

Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> However, xcb_generic_error_t  does not contain such  fields, and instead
> rely on  XCB_EVENT_REQUEST_TYPE in  xcb-util/event to get  the majorCode
> for example.  I  have attached a patch which adds  these fields. What do
> you think  about this patch?

Looks fine to me. Not every error includes a resource id, but
"resource_id" is as good a name for that particular piece of padding as
any I can think of. Perhaps a comment such as /**< Not always resource
id */ ?

> I'm also  wondering what  is the purpose  of full_sequence  field? (just
> curious ;)).

It's an extended sequence number for apps that don't check for errors at
least once every 65535 requests.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group