[Xcb] Displaying DIBs using xcb-util/xcb

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:17:03 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I want to display a DIB onto an X server using XCB and I would
appreciate if someone could give me pointers. I've been toying with
the image libarary which is part of xcb-util though I don't mind using
core xcb too. From what I understand the possible issues could include
different depths between DIB and X Server and a need to convert, the
xcb-util package documentation speaks of an intermediate format which
the image library seems to use,etc.

Would sincerely appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.

Bye for now