[Xcb] [Socket handoff] Waiting forever...

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 04:08:14 PDT 2009

Hi Jamey,

The pure-java backend now works as expected.
I've stopped working on that stuff month ago, because I wasn't able to
solve the hang problem and now with just a few modifications it works
like a charme :)

It would be cool if the socket-handoff API could notify the
socket-taker how many void-requests already have issued to be able to
avoid the request after taking the socket.
However I guess the overhead caused by the single request is noise.

> Ah, something resembling DataOutputStream or ByteBuffer? That's pretty
> reasonable.
Yes, exactly. A java.misc.Unsafe allowing direct access to malloc'ed memory ;)

Thanks for all your help, patience and support, Clemens