[Xcb] window manager?

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 23 08:01:57 PDT 2009

Marco Carmosino a écrit :
> Hello all.
>
> I would like to build a window manager using XCB. I have never
> programmer for X before, I have no experience using Xlib, and I am
> completely ignorant of the X11 protocol. I am having trouble finding
> documentation to bring myself up to speed.

Hi Marco,

The Xlib programming manual like Russell suggested is probably the best
reference out there.

But on the topic of writing a window manager, here's a snippet from
#xorg-devel on FreeNode :

"don't write a new window manager or toolkit.  seriously."

If you still want to write a window manager, I suggest you try to hack
on an existing one instead.

Best of luck :)

--
Rémi Cardona