[Xcb] Old application not working with XCB enabled libX11

haro at kgt.co.jp haro at kgt.co.jp
Thu Jun 18 20:24:46 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I have an old application (binary only) that seems to have trouble
working with XCB enabled libX11 library.

The application opens a window and tries to collect any X events that is
happing on the Desktop.
When used with XCB enabled libX11, the window shows up correcly, but
X events can only be collected whenever I move my mouse over the
application window.

If I copy non-XCB libX11 library from other systems and use LD_PRELOAD
to load it, the applications seems to work just fine

My environments are as follows:
  OS  : Fedora Core 10
 XCB : libxcb-1.1.91-6.fc10.i386
  libX11: libX11-1.1.5-4.fc10.i386

  Non-XCB libX11: libX11-1.0.3-9.el5 (Copied from CentOS5)

Now, what can I do to diagnose and fix this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
  Haro