[Xcb] Win32 patches for xcb 1.2

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Mar 11 10:28:23 PDT 2009

In message <200903111359.47929.jeetu.golani at gmail.com> you wrote:
> Well it would seem my ass is finally off the grass
> :)....I'm attaching patches for the Win32 port of XCB
> 1.2. I've tested this under Win32 both against examples
> given in the xcb tutorial as well as my own code. Would
> appreciate if you guys could apply the patches and give me
> feedback.

Thanks hugely!  On a quick read, the patches look great.

(A very minor niggly bit; the use of blank lines inside the
#ifdefs is a bit inconsistent.  I would suggest no
gratuitous blank lines in there, but whatever you want to do
is fine, but preferably it would be self-consistent.)

> Also although I realize most of us (including myself)
> don't really use Windows (I hate it) would love this to be
> in the main tree. Please let me know how.

As soon as we have some independent verification of this
stuff, it will go in---we'll give you commit access to save
ourselves the work of doing it.  :-)

> With regards the wiki on how to use this port within XCB
> and stuff related to it, I'll work on that next. Would
> appreciate any pointers as to what you guys would like to
> see in the wiki.

Honestly, I'd just stick a page on the XCB wiki.  I think
all you really need is a couple of paragraphs documenting
the differences between the Windows and UNIX versions, and
documenting how to build programs against XCB on Windows.

Again, thanks hugely!

    Bart