[Xcb] xcb-util compiling problems

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Thu Mar 12 12:11:19 PDT 2009

Barton C Massey wrote:
> In message <eaa105840903111602h73648243i7aecefd6c8d09318 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Alternatively, the libxcb generator should know when a name will
>> collide (since its code generator is not streamy), and could generate
>> the *_enum_t form whenever it sees a collision.
>
> This last is what I was trying to suggest, actually.  AFAIK
> there will only be a collision for names that have at least
> one altenum form use?

So far, yes.

There is a tiny chance that someone, some day, might add a new xidtype
that collides with an existing historical enum. However, (1) that
doesn't seem especially likely, and (2) even if it does happen, the new
uint32_t based type should be type-compatible with the old enum based
typedef for most purposes, so even if it does happen most users would
never notice. I hope.

I'll attempt to work up a patch later today, so we have something more
concrete to ponder.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group