[Xcb] Need to get pointer coordinates (with xcb-xinput)

Mike Semenyako mike.dld at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:22:26 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm writing a small project using x86 assembler (fasm) and libxcb
(among other libraries). I've just started learning it (2 days
already) and got to a problem.

What I'm trying to do is get current pointer coordinates. Right now,
I'm calling xcb_input_query_device_state, then
xcb_input_query_device_state_reply which returns me a pointer to
xcb_input_query_device_state_reply_t. And the problem is, I don't know
what to do next. I need to get a pointer to xcb_input_valuator_state_t
I suppose (to use in xcb_input_valuator_state_valuators) but there's
no any function in xcb-xinput.h returning it. Googling for
"xcb_input_query_device_state_reply" and "xcb_input_valuator_state_t"
is useless so I don't know where can I get a decent
example/documentation. The only example I have is a source code of
xinput tool (src/state.c) which uses Xlib, not XCB and I can't get any
idea from it in current situation.

Can someone please help me out?

Mike Semenyako a.k.a. mike.dld
KolibriOS community