[Xcb] xcb-util - image library n win32

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sun May 3 01:57:44 PDT 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009, Jeetu Golani wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> When you build and install libxcb, it will create xcb.pc. Points
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH there. For example I built libxcb with prefix
>> $HOME/w/x11 so it would configure xcb-util like this:
>
> I got past this step. I setup the XCB_CFLAGS and XCB_LIBS environment
> variables instead so that works.  I also had to setup environment variables
> for SHM and Render. Although I've set things up so as to link against my
> pthreadGC2 dll there is still one place (at least) which is still causing it
> to link against -lpthread which fails for me....tried making changes within
> Makefile.am but didn't work so as a quick hack setup a symlink between
> libpthread.a and my pthreadGC2.dll so I got through this step.
>
> In order to get a DLL I tried doing what I did for XCB i.e. in configure.ac I
> put in an AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL. Also in Makefile.am I
> put in a libxcb_image_LDFLAGS=-no-undefined. (reciting by memory so hope I
> haven't made a mistake writing this but I think this seems what I did)
>
> Everything goes through now but under image/.libs all i can see is a
> libxcb-image.a and a .la file....no dll...so I'm guessing something more
> needs to be done....any ideas?

to make libtool aware of building a dll:

1) put AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (you already did that)
2) add -no-undefined in the *_LDFLAGS cariable in the Makefile.am file
3) have all the dependency dll needed to build the lib.

don't forget to run 'make clean' to force the link again before running
make.

check if during the link, there is no warning message that tells you that
libtool can create only the static lib (for some reason). If yes, then the
dll is not built. Then, paste the message.

Vincent