[Xcb] XCB python interface

Friedrich Weber fred at samurai-x.org
Sun May 24 06:49:41 PDT 2009

Hi,

we're currently developing an object oriented x binding in pure Python
called ooxcb, mainly for the use in our window manager. Large parts of
ooxcb are generated from the xcb-proto xml protocol descriptions and
some interface files that describe the object oriented layer. However,
currently, only the xproto and xtest extensions are wrapped and usable,
and not everything has been tested. The project site is
http://samurai-x.org/, you can browse the code online here:
http://samurai-x.org/browser/ooxcb. If you're interested, you are
welcome to join our irc channel ;)

There is also a binding that is nearer to the protocol and more complete
than ooxcb (because it doesn't depend on additional interface files
beside the xcb-proto files): http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/xpyb/.

Cheers,

Friedrich