[Xcb] Predefined atoms

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 5 08:44:07 PST 2009

At 1256888835 time_t, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I wouldn't know, but I guess the rationale was to avoid unused static
> warning whenever <xcb_aotm.h> is included. Or does GCC only generate those
> for -non-inline- *functions*? Then perhaps, either an enumeration or a set
> of #define's would be needed.

AFAIK gcc only emits warning for non inline *functions*.

> > Of course, this might mean that we'd want a header
> > auto-generated from these values, and to put the values in
> > the XCB protocol description.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Since the default atom values are (AFAIK)
> > part of the protocol description, why are they not in xcb.h
> > instead of off in the atom util library?

They are part of the protocol description. What looks weird is that the
numeric values are not defined in the protocol description however. But
in practice that's not a problem anyway.

So it seems ok to me to move them to xcb.h or some other header provided
by libxcb directly. I'll try to come up with a patch if no one is faster
than me.

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien at danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info