[Xcb] Predefined atoms

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Sat Nov 7 07:23:45 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> At 1257542307 time_t, Peter Harris wrote:
>> Notes:
>>  - altenum="Atom" used to mean "this field may be XCB_ATOM_NONE", and is
>> now roughly meaningless. Adding (or removing) altenum="Atom" to (from)
>> every type="ATOM" in xcb/proto can be discussed later.
>
> Seems perfect to me. However I wonder, aren't you supposed to set the
> value of the atom, or the order is implicitly assigning the atom value?

The order implicitly assigns the atom value. See, for example, render.xml.

Upon closer inspection, the values are all explicit in the rest of
xproto.xml. Hmm.

> I saw that neither the X protocol reference give the real value of the
> atom, just a list...

The values are given in the appendix (page number 117, the 120th page
of xproto.PS.gz - which is where I copied the list from). The list on
page 7 (the 10th page) is in alphabetical order, not atom ID order.

Peter Harris