[Xcb] xview legacy application failure: xcb_io.c:378: _XAllocID: Assertion `ret != inval_id' failed.

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Oct 1 11:26:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Chris Putnam <cdputnam at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I'm currently using a legacy xview application and I'm getting the following
> runtime assertion after my recent upgrade to Fedora 11.
>
> xcb_io.c:378: _XAllocID: Assertion `ret != inval_id' failed.
> Abort

Yes, this is an old bug in xview, calling an Xlib function that should
never have been public in a way that has never been safe. See this
thread for more:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-November/030092.html

There is a simple fix--call XAllocIDs to get all four XIDs instead of
calling XAllocID four times--but apparently that fix hasn't been
applied?

Jamey