[Xcb] Whatever happened to the XCloseDisplay() hooks?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Oct 14 11:52:32 PDT 2009

I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate the
patch you sent.  I'm afraid, however, that we shouldn't do
callbacks in XCB core, since it's just a protocol
binding. :-)

One alternative that seems reasonable to me is for you to
wrap xcb_disconnect() yourself, and ask Cairo apps to call
your wrapper for connections that have been used by Cairo.
In principle this could create problems for libraries, but
in practice I can't think of any interesting use case for
calling xcb_disconnect() from a library offhand.

Another good question is whether we should require calling
xcb_disconnect() at all after xcb_render_util_disconnect()
has been called, or whether the latter should just call
xcb_disconnect() itself.  Hopefully Jamey can weigh in on
this one.  At any rate, if you're going to hook something in
XCB space, I'd be OK with hooking
xcb_render_util_disconnect() rather than xcb_disconnect().

	Bart