[Xcb] Predefined atoms

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Thu Oct 29 12:18:59 PDT 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> I have been porting VLC media player to XCB for the last few months. Most
> things are now in place. Nevertheless, I was wondering what the recommended
> way to get "hard-coded" atom values is?
>
> Currently, I'm using <X11/Xatom.h>. Unfortunately, this depends on the Atom
> type, which is part of Xlib (which I manually typedef to xcb_atom_t instead).
> Also, this requires the non-XCB x11-proto development package. This seems
> rather ugly to me. Is there a "better" method?

<xcb/xcb_atom.h> from the xcb/util package (sometimes split up by
distributions - in package libxcb-atom1-dev on Debian, for example) is
the equivalent for XCB. You will also need to link to libxcb-atom.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/