[Xcb] "Client is not authorized to connect to Server"

Jon Shemitz jshemitz at sta.samsung.com
Thu Dec 16 14:01:11 PST 2010

You guys helped me a few months ago with my newbie XTEST questions. I'm hoping I can return to the well with another dumb question.

My app works fine, as root. When we try to run it non-root, though, calling xcb_get_setup() produces a console message "Client is not authorized to connect to Server" (with no \n) and returns NULL.  Compiling it as root and doing chmod u+s doesn't change anything.

Googling that message produces lots of info about XLib and various apps; nothing about xcb. For what it's worth, there don't seem to be any .Xauthority files anywhere on this system.