[Xcb] Setting _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN

Cinolt cinolt.yk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:40:25 PST 2010

I want to create my window to fill the entire screen with no decorations.
According to the EWMH specification, I should set the _NET_WM_STATE property
to have the _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN atom (
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html#id2507241 ). How
should I do this in XCB? This is my failed attempt, it appears as a regular
window:

xcb_connection_t* c = xcb_connect(0, 0);
xcb_window_t w = xcb_generate_id(c);
xcb_intern_atom_cookie_t cookie = xcb_intern_atom(c, 0, 12,
"_NET_WM_STATE");
xcb_intern_atom_reply_t* reply = xcb_intern_atom_reply(c, cookie, 0);

xcb_intern_atom_cookie_t cookie2 = xcb_intern_atom(c, 0, 24,
"_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN");
xcb_intern_atom_reply_t* reply2 = xcb_intern_atom_reply(c, cookie2, 0);

xcb_change_property(c, XCB_PROP_MODE_REPLACE, w, (*reply).atom, ATOM, 32, 1,
&((reply2).atom);

I can set other properties such as the window name, so the other irrelevant
code should be fine. Thanks in advance.