[Xcb] Hello xcblist.

Robert G. Jakabosky bobby at sharedrealm.com
Thu Feb 4 17:01:17 PST 2010

Hello,

This is also my first post to this mailling list.  Since the topic of bindings
generators has been raised.  I would like to point out the port I did of the
Python based C bindings generator to Lua code [1].  I had planed on then
creating a Lua bindings generator with it, but haven't had the time to do so.
The only reason I did the port is that I don't like Python's syntax.

It can generator C bindings that perfectly matched the C bindings generated by
the official Python generator, at least at the time it was written (I think
that was release 1.1 or 1.2 xcb-proto).

Also note that is was basically a one-to-one convertion of Python code to Lua
code, at least as close to one-to-one as those two languages allowed.

I might finish the Lua bindings generation at some point when I have time.

1. http://github.com/Neopallium/luaxcb

On Thursday 04, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Thanks much for the post!  Interesting stuff.
>
> What motivated you to write C++ bindings for XCB---what did
> you find deficient in the existing C binding?
>
> Why did you try to write your own generator?  What was
> deficient in the Python generator we're using for the C
> bindings?
>
> Thanks much for any insight you can give.
>
> 	Bart

Robert G. Jakabosky