[Xcb] looking up the right keysym and retrieving printable chars

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Tue Feb 9 02:47:56 PST 2010

Hi,

> I'm not clear on what this header is useful for, but I wondered, is it
> something you want to contribute to util/keysyms?

We already talked about that with Julien in the past but we thought
(AFAIK) that it was not a good idea to push it into util/keysyms because
it would mean adding a lot of code which is not at all as complete as XKB
or Xlib and possibly buggy... It would be much better to implement
XKB*/XI* extensions, but well this is a big task...

Arnaud