[Xcb] looking up the right keysym and retrieving printable chars

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Wed Feb 10 06:09:32 PST 2010

    > If I read the spec correctly, KeyEvent are sent in the same way if
    >  the client  is not  XKB  aware.  If  the key  is latched  locked,
    > whatever, you just get it in the state.

I was not talking only about the latched/locked key status. According to
[0] which summarizes XKB  capabilities, it also introduced several other
things which may lead keys being misinterpreted. I know it's only in few
cases  though...  I  just  think that  instead  of pushing  a hack  into
util/keysyms, we  should rather wait for  XKB2 and XI2,  which should be
pushed "soon", no?

Cheers,
Arnaud

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XKB