[Xcb] GSoC 2009: XKB and XI2 support

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Wed Jan 20 06:13:23 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:

> I see no progress about this and I've the feeling we're going to lost Mariusz
> work, which would really suck.
>
> So any update on the status of this merge ?

I looked, and there was no support for any of the interesting new
constructs in the libxcb part of the GSOC work. What was there broke
xproto.c generation.

I have a hard time merging just the protocol bits if libxcb can't read
them, so I put that on hold until I find time (ha!) to design what the
libxcb interface should look like, and write a libxcb generator to
generate it.

If we (as a project) are fine with protocol bits existing before
libxcb can do anything useful with them, I can go ahead and push. But
I have a sinking suspicion that we might want to rev the protocol
definition when we get a better idea of what libxcb wants from it.

Peter Harris