[Xcb] [RFC] porting Xephyr to xcb

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Fri Jul 16 11:18:53 PDT 2010

On 2010-07-16 14:00, Julien Cristau wrote:
> The transformation is mostly straightforward.  One note though: Xephyr
> used XCheckTypedWindowEvent to bundle expose event processing; I don't
> know how to do that with xcb, so it's removed.

The simple version that gets most of the way there is (roughly)
 if (expose->count) { free(xev); continue; }
since the next event is guaranteed to be an expose of the same window
whenever expose->count is not zero.

To get a fully equivalent implementation, you'd keep a list of unique
windows to expose, and repaint them when xcb_poll_for_event returns
NULL. I'm not sure that's worth the effort.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/