[Xcb] splitting xcb/util

Michael Stapelberg michael+xcb at stapelberg.de
Fri Jul 16 20:43:02 PDT 2010

Hi Jamey,

Excerpts from Jamey Sharp's message of 2010-07-17 02:45:50 +0200:
> If you can explain what's you're actually finding hard about the code
> you're writing, perhaps then we can discuss what to do about it? I'm
> always happy to explore better APIs.
Well, I need to handle the response_type of an event myself which involves
several assertions and a bitwise operation which is unclear to me yet (why
is it necessary?). Also, it’s about 20 lines of boilerplate code which does
not actually handle any event. In my opinion, it could well be hidden in a
library.

Best regards,
Michael