[Xcb] cursorfont definitions for XCB?

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Mon Jun 7 08:08:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> Is there an XCB enum equivalent of the definitions Xlib provides in
> <X11/cursorfont.h> to map cursor shape names to their standard glyphs
> in the "cursor" font?

For me, that file is more "X11" than "Xlib".

> I haven't been able to find one, and saw that the tutorial uses
> undecorated magic numbers "58" and "58 + 1" where Xlib had XC_hand1
> on http://xcb.freedesktop.org/tutorial/mousecursors/ .

when i wrote the xcb tutorial (in the source code, not the one in the
freedesktop website), i used numerical values, but i think that the values
in cursorfont.h can be used.

> Unfortunately, while the values are quite hardcoded in history and
> thousands of compiled apps at this time, I can't find where they
> ever got formally recorded in a standard.

XCB is too low-level to have such file. Imo, it should use cursorfont.h.
Or maybe having such file (cursorfont.h is not the only one, keysymdef.h
is another one) generated by an xml description for xlib and xcb.

Vincent