[Xcb] cursorfont definitions for XCB?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jun 8 07:01:26 PDT 2010

Julien Danjou wrote:
> I don't want to stop the party, but isn't that kinda useless anyway?  I
> mean, everybody out there is using libXcursor, and I'm trying to port it
> to XCB currently.
>
> I mean, wouldn't it much useful to talk about my work rather than adding
> cursors *nobody* wants to use ? :-)

That was the harder question I hadn't gotten around to asking yet -
replacing XCreateFontCursor with xcb_open_font(..."cursor");
xcb_create_glyph_cursor(); is easy, but a regression in user experience
from the current 32bit ARGB cursor provided by libX11 + libXcursor.
Glad to hear someone is working on it.

Since libXcursor maps the standard cursor names to full-color cursors
in a cursor theme, a replacement for it could be a logical place to
provide the cursor id definitions.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com