[Xcb] XCloseDisplay hooks

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Wed Jun 9 16:44:41 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Peter Harris wrote:
> On 2010-06-09 04:11, Julien Danjou wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 04 2010, Peter Harris wrote:
>>
>>> I tried writing a generic connection-private helper for xcb/util that
>>> could be used by xcb/util/atom, xcb/util/render, cairo, etc, but I got
>>> bogged down in the locking needed to make it thread safe.
>>
>> Ok. Can I/we help?
>> I really need that to go on on my port.
>
> Hmm. I may have destroyed it in a fit of frustration, but there's a
> small chance I still have a copy on my laptop at home. I'll try to
> remember to take a look tonight (EDT).

Found it.

git pull git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~peterh/xcbutil private

It has been a couple of months since I've had time to look at this. I
seem to recall that the locking wasn't quite right for a trivial
xcb_atom_prefetch, but it may have been a different deficiency.
Suggestions welcome; patches even more welcome.

Peter Harris