[Xcb] xcb_foo_next/xcb_foo_end

Ulrich Eckhardt doomster at knuut.de
Thu Jun 24 22:01:51 PDT 2010

Hi!

Simple question: When I call xcb_foo_end(), do I really (as documented) get an
"iterator pointing to the last element" of a sequence? Do I not rather get an
iterator one element behind that? The point is that the returned iterator's
"rem" field is zero, meaning "no element left". In terms of the STL[1], that
would be a "past-the-end iterator".

That said, I wonder if anybody ever used this at all. In order to iterate over
a sequence, just looking at the "rem" field of the iterator is so much easier
than retrieving an iterator pointing past the end and then comparing (how?)
the two.

2. If not, and since I'm hacking on the generator code anyway, any suggestions
how to improve the comment? I'd just say "Return the end iterator", and not
claim anywhere that it points to an element.

Uli

[1] Standard Template Library, a C++ lib defining various iterator types and
algorithms operating on them.