[Xcb] More pthread stubs.

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Mar 4 01:39:57 PST 2010

Hey,

Recently cairo started using recursive mutexes and we found that both
pthread-stubs and glibc are missing stubs for creating and setting
mutex attributes.  We moved to directly linking to pthreads then but
doing it correctly is such a can of worms that it's just easier to add
the stubs which we use.  While doing that I've fleshed out some of the
other (hopefully uncontroversial) missing stubs while trying to stay
within the boundaries described by Jamey Sharp in a post last fall[1]
(No getters. Only setters, attributes, and noop-locks.)

The patches are in the extra-stubs branch here:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~joonas/pthread-stubs/

Joonas

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2009-October/005110.html