[Xcb] libxcb/libX11 deadlocking and asserting in multi-threaded use

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Fri Mar 19 00:46:09 PDT 2010

After looking into this a bit more I'm now pretty sure this is a bug in
libX11/XCB. I have a simple test program that can now be switched
between running in multi-threaded or in single threaded mode. It works
perfectly in single threaded mode (where events are handled directly on
the X11 event dispatch thread) but in multi-threaded mode it is randomly
crashing and locking up (even though XInitThreads is called as first thing).

It's a little hard to post the example code here as we are writing a
windowing system abstraction in Java that uses JNI. I'll try to rewrite
it as a pure C program with the minimal amount of code to reproduce the
problem and post it to the list.

Cheers,

Nicholas Allen