[Xcb] libxcb/libX11 deadlocking and asserting in multi-threaded use

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Sun Mar 21 03:48:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

I completed the conversion to XCB ;-)

Unfortunately, the deadlocking problem is still there. It seems to
happen less frequently now but is still a problem.

What's the best way to debug this and get familiar with the XCB code?
Attaching to the process with a debugger and adding trace statements
shows that xcb_wait_for_event never returns (so it seems to be the same
problem as XNextEvent never returning).

Cheers,

Nick