[Xcb] Setting the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property on a window

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Mon Mar 22 06:43:28 PDT 2010

Mikhail already clarified my point about variable-length arrays.
Thanks, Mikhail.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

>    >  - Making an extra copy is no fun. XCB uses iovecs to try to avoid
>    > extra  copies. You'd  have to open-code  ChangeProperty to  use an
>    > iovec, though, which is ugly. Thoughts?
>
> Yes, this is not  really a good thing... I have no idea  how to do it in
> another way...

By "open-code ChangeProperty", I mean copy-and-paste the body of the
generated xcb_change_property function from libxcb, modify it to suit,
and you end up calling xcb_send_request at the end (instead of
xcb_change_property).

Ugly, but it avoids the extra copies. I can see arguments on both
sides of this one. I was just wondering what you thought of the idea.

Peter Harris