[Xcb] Setting the WM_TRANSIENT_FOR property on a window

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Wed Mar 24 12:44:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

    >> The wrappers are starting to look a little thin, ...

    >  Think so,  too.  I  haven't followed  the  whole discussion,  but
    > introducing functions which  only pass some constants as arguments
    > to other functions only bloats the whole thing and doesn't add any
    > value, IMHO.

Yes, it does.  However, as a  direct user of this library, I don't think
this is a  problem. First of all, because  it allows greater flexibility
(you can either using heap  or stack allocation).  Secondly, because all
these one-line functions are supposed to  be inline in a near future, so
this won't  add any  overhead. Thirdly,  even if thin,  I think  this is
still useful  as most people wants  to have a  setter/getter for WM_NAME
for instance  as it makes things  more readable and  providing a library
for that  is a good  thing IMHO. In  addition, the documentation  of the
function explains clearly how to use it...

Arnaud