[Xcb] xcb_wait_for_reply deadlocking with xcb_property_changed call

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Sat Mar 27 04:30:43 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, I'm also experiencing these deadlocks when I call
xcb_wait_for_event even though I've called xcb_flush just before. I
thought it was only happening when I used the property util functions
but I now caught it under the debugger outside of this function. This
doesn't happen as often as with the property change helper library but
it still happens occasionally.

So it seems there is a major thread deadlocking bug in XCB. I don't
really know how to debug it though. Any suggestions? I'm not at all
familiar with the XCB code base so any pointers greatly appreciated...

Cheers,

Nick