[Xcb] Good news & bad news for xcb in the katamari

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Nov 12 21:10:12 PST 2010

Good news:  X11R7.6-RC1 is now out, and is the first X.Org katamari
release with the xcb-proto, libxcb, & pthread-stubs packages included:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2010-November/001540.html

Bad news: due to a horrible operator error when copying the xcb &
libxcb tarballs into the X11R7.6-RC1 directory on freedesktop.org
the previously posted copies of these tarballs were nuked:
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/xcb-proto-1.6.tar.bz2
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/xcb-proto-1.6.tar.gz
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/libxcb-1.7.tar.bz2
	http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/libxcb-1.7.tar.gz

I was able to restore the .bz2 files from my local copy and verified the
MD5 & SHA1 checksums matched those in the original announcements, but I
have not found copies of the *.gz versions.   Does anyone have copies of
these to restore?   (Does anyone still need .gz instead of .bz2?)

I apologize deeply for this screwup, I am truly a horrible operator.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com