[Xcb] Recipe for XLoadQueryFont please?

bill purvis bill at billp.org
Wed Nov 17 02:36:56 PST 2010

Hi,
I'm feeling a bit lost and hoping someone can help me out.
I've been using XLIB for many years (X11R4 if I recall correctly)
and regularly used XLoadQueryFont. I've recently been trying to
develop some codes which require use of threads, and hit problems
with Xlib, so I've converted most of my code to use XCB. I'd like
to migrate all my codes to XCB in time, but I've got stuck with
figuring out how to replace XLoadQueryFont. I've managed to load
fonts using xcb_open_font_checked, with fair success, but I'd like
to access the font properties. The tutorial doesn't mention these
and I have tried looking at xproto.h and xproto.pdf but can't figure
it out.

If someone could give me a simple recipe, or example program, I'd be
deeply grateful!

Many thanks

Bill