[Xcb] [Patch] Fix some api docs (was: Hangs with xcb_take_socket)

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Nov 17 22:02:38 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
> Sounds good. For the other brave souls who wander down that road, attached is a
> patch which fixes/improves the docs for xcb_take_socket() and xcb_writev().
> Hopefully the next one to find this issue won't have to read xcb's source code.

I don't remember for sure, but I believe when we merged
xcb_discard_reply, we decided not to implement support for discarding
requests issued with xcb_writev. That's feasible but requires
splitting list nodes in the pending_replies list. So unless I'm
mistaken, at the moment neither of these patches is quite correct.

I'd welcome either being told that xcb_discard_reply actually *does*
work here, or getting a patch to make it work. :-)

Jamey