[Xcb] Catch events from external window

Borys Igor Polevoj borysigorpolevoj at wp.pl
Thu Nov 25 12:25:33 PST 2010

Hi guys,
I want to write an application which finds a current focus window and
counts
mouse and keyboard clicks for it.
I retrieve focus window id with xcb_get_input_focus function.
How can I catch/signalize my application about events for the given id?
I used XSelectInput from XLib but this function turned out to be
insufficient
since I couldn't catch mouse button up/down events with it.
Is there something eqivalent to XSelectInput in XCB, or maybe there is
any alternative way to achive my goal? Any trick? Utility module
(documentation is very laconic) ?
Thanks in advance,
Polevoj