[Xcb] [Xcb-commit] win32port.mdwn
vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sun Nov 28 03:30:24 PST 2010
> I have done the development/testing of the win32 port mostly using the
> mingw32 cross compiler on my debian system hence the --host. I agree that a
> note should probably be put stating that --host is required only if you are
> are cross compiling.
> Have you tried the win32 code from the main tree i.e. not on my github repo?
> I am interested in seeing if there is any kind of performance difference
> between using xcb on win32 or on linux.
I have just set up everything on Windows (no cross compilation).
1) I got libpthread-stubs, xcb-proto and libxcb from the xcb web site (the
tarballs, not the git repo).
No problem for pthread-stubs and proto. For libxcb:
* with python >= 3, it fails
* with python = 2.7, the C files are generated, but compilation fails
because of netinet/in.h not found (normal on Windows)
2) I got the libs from the xorg git repo (so i try only with python 2.7).
On the other hand, there are some problems with the use of xcb:
* configure.ac should be fixed for Windows upstream.
* your test in the wiki should use pkg-config, hence include xcb/xcb.h
* xcb_windefs.h is not installed
Question: i have compiled your test. Now, how to launch it ? it seg fault
if I just try to launch it inside MSYS. I tried with Xlaunch, but also seg
fault. Do you want the backtrace ?
Are there some improvements in your github, compared to what is in xcb
PS: I have simplified and improved notes for the installation / use. See
* MinGW : update PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH:
PATH: add /usr/X11
PKG_CONFIG_PATH: add /usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig
* http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.1/python-2.7.1.msi : install
* libxslt-1.1.26.win32.zip : copy the content of bin/ to /usr/X11/bin
* XMing 188.8.131.52: download and launch installer (full install)
* in include/: copy all the header files to /usr/X11/include
* in lib/ : copy libpthreadGC2.a to /usr/X11/lib
* in lib/ : copy pthreadGC2.dll to /usr/X11/bin
* libXdmcp-1.0.3 : LIBS="-lws2_32" ./configure
* libpthread-stubs-0.3 : CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/X11/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11/lib" LIBS="-lpthreadGC2" ./configure
* libxcb-1.7 : CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/usr/X11/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11/lib" LIBS="-lpthreadGC2" ./configure
More information about the Xcb