[Xcb] [Xcb-commit] win32port.mdwn

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 12:08:07 PST 2010

Hi Vincent,

> * xcb_windefs.h is not installed

I haven't tried compiling the code in the xcb main tree on windows. I'll do
that and will have more to say on what hasn't gone up.

>Question: i have compiled your test. Now, how to launch it ? it seg fault
>if I just try to launch it inside MSYS. I tried with Xlaunch, but also seg
>fault. Do you want the backtrace ?

If all went well you should have a .exe and should be able to run it in
Windows natively i.e. without msys. The test in my wiki
(http://xcb.freedesktop.org/win32port/) is hard coded to connect to an xserver
on the localhost therefore you should have xming (or some other xserver)
running on the same machine.

Send me the backtrace please. Can you try any of the other examples in the
tutorial and see if they share the same fate. I haven't tried the win32 port
since it has been merged into the main tree (sorry my bad :) ) so maybe I
should start from scratch and see what happens.

Bye for now