[Xcb] [ANNOUNCE] xwininfo 1.1.0

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Mon Sep 27 06:07:43 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> Nice work :) Though, I have 2 remarks:
>
> 1) Why a file for strnlen that is used only once in xwininfo.c ?

The file isn't compiled at all on platforms where strnlen is available
as part of libc.

> 2) You query at the beginning some netwm atoms. Just after, line 548, you
> can exit because the window with a name is not found. You should here get
> the replies of the requested atoms. If I'm not mistaken, you have to get the
> replies to free the memory in the server.

You are mistaken. The replies will either be (a) in the socket buffers
of your OS, which are freed when the socket is closed, or (b) in the
client, which is freed by the OS when the client exits. In no case are
pending replies stored in the server.

Peter Harris