[Xcb] old xcb, x protocol interfaces

strinter streenter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:17:20 PST 2011

Thanks very much!
I automatically copied this example from the xcb introductory
tutorial. I have a question, related to this. At the moment I am
trying to investigate the structure of xcb more seriously, I managed
to figure out how to respond to events and
do the "keysym to char" transformations from the source code of the library,
 but need to understand how xcb works at a lower layer. Hence, does anybody
have access to older versions of xcb, probably the initial versions. I
expect them to
be much smaller and simpler, which would ease understanding. I need them
to investigate the workings of the transport/X protocol layer of the library.
I also googled for alternative simple implementations of the X
protocol interface/wrapups in C but without any success. I would be
very grateful for any information in this direction.

Thanks!