[Xcb] Xlib/XCB in multi-threaded situation results in deadlock

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Fri Jan 7 16:49:08 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 03:00:02PM +0100, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
> You have any hints on this issue?
>
> I can't oversee the design and architecture of the library, so I can't
> judge what effects causes the issue. The only visible thing is that
> communication doesn't get communicated to the right thread at the time
> of arrival.
>
> Can you tell me any more about this?

Following up on this to make sure it doesn't get lost.  Someone needs to
take a look at this issue in libX11, poke at the test cases, and figure
out how to fix the interaction between these libX11 threads.  I likely
won't have time to do so for a while, and this needs a response sooner
than I'd have time to look at it, so I hope another XCB developer might
have time to dig into this.

Anyone?

- Josh Triplett