[Xcb] Xgob

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Sun Jan 30 06:08:10 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Nigel Tao wrote:
> On 29 January 2011 09:44, Peter Harris <pharris at opentext.com> wrote:
>> I've been toying[3] with a port of libxcb[4] to Go[1], and I thought it
>> was time to write down some notes before I forget everything.
>
> In case you haven't already come across it, there's an existing X Go
> Binding project: http://code.google.com/p/x-go-binding/

Thanks for the pointer. I was unaware of this project.

> I haven't used it in anger myself, so I don't know how well it goes,
> but it certainly sounds similar in intent.

Upon first glance, it appears to be a straight port of libxcb to Go.
It looks like their intent is a useful and usable library. Whereas the
intent of my toy is to play with alternative designs, and perhaps
inform the design of future XCB libraries.

Peter Harris