[Xcb] Xpyb memory leak

Paul Colomiets paul at colomiets.name
Wed Jul 13 12:31:21 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Eamon Walsh
<ewalsh.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Paul Colomiets <paul at colomiets.name> wrote:

> The following commit may resolve your problem.  Do you have it in the xpyb
> that you are using?
> If not, you could try manually adding the code and recompiling.
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/xpyb/commit/?id=d4406532543bcdb936b20ffcb03993d7a7207ace

It is. Both in xpyb and xpyb-ng. But that doesn't help.

>> Sorry, where is a bugtracker? :) I've filed a bug into xpyb-ng before.
>>
>> BTW, how xpyb-ng is related to xpyb. Is it an independent fork? And
>> does anybody know which one is better?
>

> Xpyb has been broken now for about a year.  The problem is that changes were
> made to XCB's language-independent parser during the 2010 GSOC, and I
> haven't had time to grok them and fix xpyb's code generator.  I'll get to it
> when I can, but until then xpyb will only compile with an older release of
> xcb/proto.  I haven't been involved with xpyb-ng but if they have a working
> code generator, that may be helpful in getting xpyb to work again.

Xpyb-ng works for me. Xpyb works for the mentioned script, don't tried for
something real. So the code generator probably work. I'll probably try to follow
the xpyb-ng's aim to make xpyb pure python in the meanwhile, that would
probably fix memory leak.

--
Paul