[Xcb] libxcb on interix (and/or platforms without getaddrinfo())

Peter Harris pharris at opentext.com
Tue Jun 7 09:20:32 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-07 11:55, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Jun  7, 2011 at 11:12:53 -0400, Peter Harris wrote:
>> Regardless, I suggest we accept the patch. IPv4-only isn't very useful
>> on a general purpose computer any more, but who knows what embedded
>> systems may have no need for internet connectivity.
>>
> Making TCP optional would make more sense than using gethostbyname IMO.

For an embedded system, yes. For Interix, no.

Windows (being it's own thing, but more closely related to VMS than
Unix) doesn't have Unix sockets.

Interix might, but they won't be visible to the common X servers (xming,
Exceed). Since Interix doesn't include its own X server, a TCP-less
xcb-on-Interix would be singularly useless.

Peter Harris
--
               Open Text Connectivity Solutions Group
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.opentext.com/