[Xcb] libxcb on interix (and/or platforms without getaddrinfo())

Markus Duft mduft at gentoo.org
Tue Jun 7 23:51:50 PDT 2011

On 06/07/11 17:12, Peter Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Julien Cristau wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun  7, 2011 at 16:02:52 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
>>
>>> I (again) did some porting to interix, this quite exotic POSIX layer on top of the Windows NT kernel. Attached is a small patch i need to get libxcb to build/work. Could you please review it, and comment on it (and possibly just apply it? :) ).
>>>
>> Sounds to me like your OS should be fixed.
>
> Interix 6.0 adds IPv6 support. I suspect Markus is still using Windows XP.

Right, i do support all interix versions in gentoo prefix.

> Marcus, can you try on Interix/Vista or Interix/7?

I do :) the original patch didn't have HAVE_GETADDRINFO but #ifndef __INTERIX instead. i changed this exactly for this reason - to make it work on vista/7 with the "good" version. :)

> Regardless, I suggest we accept the patch. IPv4-only isn't very useful
> on a general purpose computer any more, but who knows what embedded
> systems may have no need for internet connectivity.

After all, it is only a fallback. It will be used only on "dumb" platforms that are not supported at all now, and existing platforms won't be affected at all, as getaddrinfo() is a minimum requirement right now.

Thanks,
Markus