[Xcb] cygport ./libxcb-1.6-1.cygport all ..... fails with error on my system

Jon TURNEY jon.turney at dronecode.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 08:48:50 PDT 2011

On 17/03/2011 04:20, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> Since you have Graphviz installed, I'd guess it isn't on your PATH.
> Perhaps cygport is doing something strange, though? I've never heard
> of that tool before. I expect that XCB is available as a standard
> Cygwin package, if you'd rather just use an existing binary.

cygport is a packaging tool for cygwin.

> The warning is harmless (that's why it says "warning") and just means
> you won't get the documentation built. XCB should still work fine
> without either dot or Doxygen.
>
> Jamey
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Stadelmann Josef
> <josef.stadelmann at axa-winterthur.ch> wrote:
>> A newby for cygport é all
>>
>> I think this is a bug when runing
>>
>> cygport ./libxcb-1.6-1.cygport all
>>
>> the error shows up as
>>
>> checking for doxygen... (cached) yes
>>
>> checking for dot... (cached) no
>>
>> configure: WARNING: Warning: no dot detected. Documentation will not be
>> built
>>
>> checking whether documentation is built... no
>>
>> I have installed doxygen for Cygwin since I got the check for doxygen  as …
>> (cached) yes
>>
>> and also doxgen as stand allone windows kit is on the system together with
>> C:\Program Files\Graphviz2.26.3\bin
>>
>> What  do I have to install that the DOT / dot test results in a (cached)
>> yes?

Trying to use a native Win32 port of graphviz with cygwin autotools isn't
likely to work well.

Sadly, there isn't a graphviz package in cygwin, although one is available in
the cygwin ports collection [1], which is linked to from graphviz.org's
download page.

This kind of cygwin-specific question is probably better directed at the
cygwin mailing lists in future.

[1] http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/