[Xcb] [Patch] Improve the _NET_WM_ICON handling in xcb-ewmh

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Thu Mar 24 05:53:59 PDT 2011

On 11.03.2011 13:24, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> Am 11.03.2011 12:16, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> sorry for sending these as attachments, but I am too stupid to configure my
>> mailer not to break inline patches.
>>
>> Attached are two (and a half) patch for xcb/util-wm. The first one fixes a too
>> liberal length check that I noticed while writing the second patch.
>
> I just noticed one more problem:
>
> When the GetProperty request for _NET_WM_ICON fails (e.g. due to BadWindow),
> this code dereferenced a NULL pointer.
> Attached is one more patch which fixes this.

Hi,

attached are all 4 patches again. I changed the order and moved the patch for
accessing more than just the first to the end of the series. Also, the limit on
just the first 8 icons is removed and instead this now provides iterators for
reading through the property reply.

The last patch in the series still isn't meant to be merged anywhere as it's
just a small app which should demonstrate that all of this works. :-)

Cheers,
Uli

--
Sometimes the people that know software the best are the ones
that hate it the most.                                      -- infogulch