[Xcb] XCB documentation effort status update

Michael Stapelberg michael+xcb at stapelberg.de
Sat Nov 26 08:24:21 PST 2011

Hi,

starting a new thread because the old one was getting big.

Status update: I "completed" documentation on 32 functions. With complete I
mean that there is some kind of explanation for all parameters, a description,
a list of possible errors and a 'see also' section. In some places, there are
still TODO entries for missing high-level or detail explanations. Help is
appreciated!

There current patches and manpages are attached to this mail.

There are 17 requests left until I documented all requests which i3 uses. This
is the first milestone in this project and it should be reached by the end of
next week.

Further steps after reaching this milestone are:
1) Document the events.
2) Cleanup the manpage generator code.
3) Look into extending the Doxygen generation code to include the now-existing
   per-field documentation.
4) Get the patch in a clean shape and get it submitted.

If anyone wants to help me in any way, please feel free to contact me.
Proofreading, comments, suggestions, etc. are very welcome.

Best regards,
Michael