[Xcb] Problems with latest XCB in Ubuntu 11.10

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Tue Oct 18 11:47:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 and can no longer compile our
application because of some large changes that seem to have taken place
in the XCB library.

The main problem is that xcb_atom_get and xcb_atom_get_name no longer
exist. I'm not sure what I should use to replace these functions. Also I
can't find the xcb_property_handler functions anywhere. These seem to
have vanished (eg xcb_property_handlers_init).

I guess these functions have been replaced by some others but am unable
to find which. Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Nicholas Allen.